Most helpful customer reviews
51 of 52 people found the following review helpful.
Terrific LED Motion Security Lights!
About two months ago I bought two of these Lithonia Floodlights for two areas of my house to make it easier to see at night and for security purposes. I am very happy with this purchase. They are very reliable and emit a bright cool light (white/blue rather than white/yellow).
I will now provide you with some facts as noted on the box so I word it succinctly: As it explains on the box, the 22 watt LEDs have a life of 50,000 hours (each) compared to a typical 100 watt bulb that only lasts 3,000 hours. I am especially glad to be saving so much money over the year. In addition as noted the lower wattage (although comparably bright) saves on the electric bill, another plus.
The motion sensor is adjustable up to a 180 degree range and 70 feet with downward perimeter protection.
The lamp also has sensitivity and on-time adjustable knobs and the sensor has a manual override option. The two heads on the lamp are adjustable for light spread.
I am back to buy another one to replace a ten year old halogen fixture that has seen better days. It will be nice to not have to continually buy halogen bulbs anymore, too.
115 of 124 people found the following review helpful.
Excellent replacement floodlights
I just finished installing this lighting assembly and I have made a few observations.
1. The light housing is very high quality and is made of metal instead of plastic as with other, cheaper, lighting units. The case is very sturdy and is painted instead of powder coated. I would have preferred a powder coated casing, but this is still very nice.
2. The light adjustment assemblies are, likewise, metal and very high quality. There are adjustments for all axes, so you can get the light exactly where you want it. The final locking mechanism keeps the light pointed as you want, and there is one of these on the light end and the mount end, as well as a standard "up/down" adjustment.
3. The motion sensor is very sensitive and saw my wife coming at the end of the driveway. This was with the setting not at maximum, so I am going to have to do some adjustments when it gets darker.
4. There is a variable on-time setting that allows you to have the lights stay on for 1 minute to 10 minutes after being triggered.
5. The unit is controlled by a day/night sensor, so the lights will never turn on during daylight, unless you have the unit set to "test."
6. The LED lights are extremely bright and the fact that there are three lighting heads makes a big difference. I was able to install this above my backyard fence and set one light to shine across the garage/driveway, one light to shine directly down the fence, and one light to shine into the backyard area. This add considerable light coverage over standard, two-light, units.
7. The wall-mounting plate is well designed and will accommodate pretty much any configuration of in-wall housing. There are slots around the plate in circles and these will line up with the vast majority of housings.
The only problem I have with this light unit is the fact that there is no rubber weather gasket to ensure that water cannot get inside the wiring housing. I feel like there won't be any issue with this at all, but I am accustomed to having a gasket there to keep water out.
I would HIGHLY recommend this lighting fixture to anyone who is interested in absolutely excellent lighting and who doesn't mind paying a bit for it. This unit is certainly more than other fixtures out there, but I feel that you really do get what you pay for.
BOTTOM LINE: Highly recommended
48 of 49 people found the following review helpful. See all 727 customer reviews...
Good product - resolved blinking issue.
By Gregg Tolman
I ran into the blinking issue as well. I returned and got another thinking it was defective. The new light had the exact same problem. The problem is that the daylight sensor picks up the light when it turns on so it immediately turns off. The solution is turn the canisters so the protruding lip faces down. It should be aligned between the light canister and the motion sensor. This prevents the light from flooding onto the sensor. Worked like a charm. Note that it means you turn it opposite than all the marketing pictures I've seen for this product, including the one on Amazon. I subtracted a star because of the lack of instructions for this fix and that it was designed that way at all. However, I love having an LED and it behaves very well now. It's worth noting than you will see the standard blue hue of an LED light with this product.