Most helpful customer reviews
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.
A easy and techie way to schedule and remotely control lighting.
By Ohio Dad
If been using the Lightify Wireless Gateway for about 3 months.
I purchased this after trying to get my porch coach lights to work on a timer. I tried dusk/dawn senors, but I could never get them to work. After coming home to a dark porch (or leaving out in the morning to find my porch lights still on) one too many times, I needed to find something that would work.
I saw this Gateway in my local hardware store and went home to research it online. I found it was one of the cheaper gateways because it only works with bulbs (Note: It looks like now it works with outlets and switches too). I also saw that it might be able to be used with the cheaper GE Link Led bulbs. So I tried it, and it worked!! Setup was super easy and I was up and running in about 5 mins.
I was having issues with the timing (the lights not going off correctly in the morning), but the latest software update (v1.4) fixed that issue and the bulbs go on and off at the times I set in the app (I've use both the Android and the Apple app. Both are free and essentially work the same). I even set them to dim when the come on to save a little bit of energy and not light up my whole neighborhood.
Now my only issue is, occasionally I turn off the physical light switch by accident and when I turning back on, the comes on full power until I reset it with the app or it hit its scheduled time and changes to the correct setting.... but that issue is completely on me, because its working as designed.
While I don't have it setup yet, read in the manual, it also works with Nest.
Overall, it's a great solution for my problem of setting up a pair of lights on a timer. Since I can add up to 50 bulbs, I can't wait to add more lights around the house.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
Great if it connects to WIFI.
Disclosure... I would have originally give it zero star since the gateway did not connect to the wifi network, but it eventually connected and updated all the devices, including the gateway and the light bulbs. Since then it has been working greatly. First of all, how I got it to connect to the wifi below. If your device works without going through this, then you are lucky.
- I am using the gateway via android 6.0.1 and the lightify app downloaded from google play.
- Following the initial procedure the gateway did not want to connect to the wifi. It started with "connecting" message, or "checking wifi provision" and etc; but never connected. I deleted the software and reinstalled it a few times. Also, there is a small button on the bottom of the gateway. Plug it in and hold the button for awhile, until the light turns solid orange. FYI, I went through this at least 10 time.
- The steps to connect the wifi in general is the following:
1. Scan your QR code for the Gateway S/N and the password. Do not try to manually input the S/N. It does not allow you to proceed to the next step.
2. Copy the password by clicking on the app button.
3. Plug in the gateway.
4. Connect to the lightify gateway wireless. It will search for the available wifi. Sometimes it will only list "other". Don't worry and wait a bit, it will eventually show available wireless networks.
5. Click on your wifi and enter password. A process cheat... copy and your password to the clipboard. You will need to do this a lot. The gateway will try to connect to the home wifi and in my case, it failed to connect numerous times. Instead of giving up, I tried the connection process at least 10 times. In some cases it will say, "checking wireless provisioning" or say "connecting" without doing anything. There were cases where it also noted a statement related to not having one of the protocols enabled on your router; however, the only way that I got it work was trying it over and over again. Hence copying the wifi password helps.
Once it connected, I was able to update the router firmware. As of 8/21/16, the following versions are running on my device.
Gateway WIFI: 220.127.116.11
Gateway ZigBee: 18.104.22.168
Also, once you connect to the wifi and set up light fixtures, those fixtures will need to be updated to the latest firmware.
The system allow you to set up groups and scenes associated with the groups. Some notable scene setting include "Daylight" for following circadian rhythm, "Good Night" for slow fade, and other variations. Depending on the bulb connected to the gateway, there are other scene options available including various color options.
Also there are feature setting for adding schedule and wakeup light option. There are vacation mode and TV simulation mode as well.
In short, it took me a while to get this thing connect to the home wifi; however, once connected, it seems to do the things it claimed to be doing. The main reason that I got this for my office is that it lacks daylight and having white shifting lamp is really helpful. It is doing that fine.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. See all 22 customer reviews...
By Shane Y.
product working so far, couple little glitches. what wireless device doesn't.