Most helpful customer reviews
446 of 457 people found the following review helpful.
Perfect if it works for you! Here's how...
The single most important thing you need to know about this doubler is that in order to use the top half for women's shirts/blouses, you will need to hang the rod on the bottom rung and even then, it might still be too short. I put this in my smaller single closet where it pretty much takes up the whole width. A couple things to note that I was uncertain about when I bought this:
1. Don't worry too much about the length of this, I measured my closet and it seemed several inches short of these measurements but the "hooks" that hang on your original closet rod can move about a bit.
2. This arrives in literally three pieces, the left "hook" and the right "hook," which are interchangeable, and the bottom rod. You hang the two hooks from your original closet rod and then slip the rod onto the rungs of the hooks. At first, it seems shaky but once my clothing was on it, I didn't notice it much and have no trouble taking things on and off the bars.
3. To give your bottom clothing just a bit more clearance, instead of putting your hangers inside the rectangular compartments on the bottom rod, simply hang your hangers right over the top of the bar. Hopefully you can see this in my picture that I've included vs. the stock pic.
4. Unless you are a small man, men's shirts will not fit on the original closet bar anymore even with the bottom bar hung on the last rung. To give you some idea of size, my size 0 dress shirts fit on the top bar with perhaps two inches clearance. Having said that, see #5.
5. There are eight rungs that you can adjust the bar on. Even if you can't fit your shirts on the top closet bar even with the bottom bar on the last rung, you can simply move the bottom bar higher so that you have more room on the bottom. The first several rungs are very high so you could hang the rod from one of those, giving you just a bit space on top that you could use to hang one of those wire baskets/shelves or hang other small things like hats of folded scarves etc.
6. The three pieces seem well made and durable, not too heavy or flimsy.
Overall, this was a super inexpensive way to double my closet and I highly recommend it but with the caveat that depending on your clothing length and how high your original closet bar, it might not be perfect for everyone. But with my standard apartment sized closet, it works quite well.
98 of 98 people found the following review helpful.
Doubles the Space - Sturdy too!
By Cheryl Faye
I ordered one of these racks years ago for my daughter to give me more room to hang her clothes. I needed her to be able to reach some of the items in her closet, without requiring assistance or a dangerous balancing act and some rickety climbing utensil. She is 7 and easily has access to items on the lower hanger without assistance. I reorganized my closet a few months ago and decided to order myself the same doubler. I hang my cardigans on the top section and have the lower piece on the lowest rung, and I can easily hang pants, skirt, and I even hang my boots. Hang my boots? Yes, that is right. I use Honey-Can-Do HNG-01437 Crystal Suit Hanger with Clips, 6-Pack to hang my boots. I find that they do not crease at the top and it keeps them up off the floor, and I have easy access and can see all of them. I will post a picture so you can see how easy it is.
129 of 133 people found the following review helpful. See all 1003 customer reviews...
It's been a lifesaver!!
By TRACY ANDERSON
I have to share a closet with not only my husband, but my daughter as well. We live in a small two bedroom and only one bedroom has a closet. For years we've been having trouble with other closet doubler rods, they were always hard to keep in place and only had one length on it which was hard to decide whose clothes went on top and bottom because it always dragged someone's clothes.
With this Adjustable Closet Doubler, it has saved our wardrobe. My daughters clothes go on top and I have the rod just below them, giving my clothes room to hang. Now, they don't slide around on the floor and get dusty or wrinkly. This product has just been a lifesaver! And it was so easy to put together, I thought that it was almost too easy! : )
I recommend it anyone who is wanting more space in their closet but with low cost!