Most helpful customer reviews
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked this up, but I was tired of seeing the "change your filter" red light every time I opened the fridge and decided to FINALLY buy a replacement filter. I did not like the price of the exact replacement and decided to take a chance on another brand. I jumped on this one since it was NSF-certified, cheaper and received good reviews. Here is what I think so far:
* It took about 3 gallons to flush the filter to clear water
* The filter went in without any issue and did not leak after I turned the water back on
* I only took a few sips, but it did not taste like tap water, was still clear, so I am satisfied
* I seem to get a better flow of water with this filter. The water seems to come out more forcefully and fuller. I am thinking it's because of the 2 large openings as opposed to holes like the Kenmore/PUR filter that came with my fridge. It's also quieter.
* While there are design differences, it will fit
* The Kenmore/PUR filter weighed more than the replacement. Maybe it has a larger filtration cartridge/system... not sure... but the Aqua Blue product seems to be filtering.
UPDATE - 8/19/2016: I had to drop this down to 2 stars. I am going to spend the extra money and get the exact replacement for my fridge. My ice has an overwhelming smell of toilet water or a dirty sponge and the taste is disgusting. It is so bad at this point, you can taste that more than the drink. I didn't have this issue until I replaced the filter. Nothing else changed, but it's been getting progressively worse each new batch of ice. I've cleaned anything involved in the delivery system, and it doesn't matter. It's too bad it didn't work out, but it was worthy a try!
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
By A Great Reviewer
Having to purchase the original part from the manufacturer is absurd since they charge an arm and a leg to get it.
The Maytag UKF8001 Kenmore 46-9006 Refrigerator Compatible Water Filter is a replacement part from a third party brand that is much cheaper and actually works.
The Maytag UKF8001 Kenmore 46-9006 Refrigerator Compatible Water Filter came quickly and went right in to the fridge and the water tastes perfect, so all in all this was a great purchase and I am happy with it.
Thank you for reading my review.
This product was provided for free or a discounted price in exchange for my honest review.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful. See all 13 customer reviews...
Stinks and misleading.
By Brett cain
Filter does not filter out the fluoride taste and water does not seem to be filtered well. Initially it seemed like it did, but the water smells like from the faucet. Very disappointed. Did not last long. Sticking with Pur and other well known brands.